LED display is an electronic display composed of LED dot matrix. It changes the display content form of the screen, such as text, animation, pictures, and video, by switching on and off the traffic light beads, and controls the component display through the modular structure. It is mainly divided into display module, control system, and power system.
The display module is LED light dot matrix to constitute the screen luminescence; The control system is the control area of the on-off situation to achieve the screen display content conversion; The power supply system converts the input voltage and current to meet the needs of the display screen.
LED screen can realize the transformation between different forms of a variety of information presentation modes, and can be used indoors and outdoors, with incomparable advantages to other display screens. With the characteristics of high light intensity, less power consumption, low voltage demand, small and convenient equipment, long service life, impact resistance and stability, strong resistance to external interference, rapid development, and widely used in various fields. LED luminescence color and luminescence efficiency is related to the production of LED materials and technology, the lamp ball at the beginning of all blue light, followed by the phosphor, according to the different needs of users, adjust the different light color, widely used in red, green, blue, yellow four. Due to LED working voltage low (only 1.2V ~ 4.0V), can actively light and have a certain brightness, brightness, and voltage (or current) regulation, itself and impact resistance, vibration resistance, long life (100,000 hours), so in large display equipment, there is no other display mode and LED display mode.
Classification of LED Displays
There are many kinds of LED displays, which can be divided into display color, model, application environment, display function, and package.
First, from the color, LED display can be divided into monochrome LED display (LED walk screen), LED two-color screen (generally used to display subtitles), LED full-color screen (now commonly used LED display)
(1) LED monochrome refers to the luminescent material whose display screen has only one color, mostly single red.
(2) The LED dual-color screen is generally composed of red and green LED secondary tubes, which typically display subtitles, and various colors, and can also display images, but the effect is insufficient.
(3) LED full-color screen, RBG, displays various pictures, the effect is the same as the TV computer display we see, but LED display has higher brightness, better color, stronger protection, longer life, and self-adjustable brightness, which is also very good for indoor application. If the family replaces the TV, you can choose COB display all-in-one machine.
Second, according to the model division: LED display in addition to a wide variety, the model is more diverse, so the industry often LED display is only located in the word display; Led display model refers to the point spacing, spacing is large or small, generally in the following P2.5 called LED small spacing, and P1.0 point spacing is preferred to choose COB display, other models can be said to be regular model P3\4\5\6\8\10 because the LED display is made of LED lights, Px is the distance between LED lights and lights. The smaller the point spacing, the better the display effect, the clearer the picture, the softer the color, and the lower the energy consumption per unit point… More importantly, the smaller the point spacing is, the shorter the viewing vision will be. P1.0 model LED display can be seen clearly at a viewing distance of 1M, but P10 model will have a strong sense of granularity at a viewing distance of 1M, resulting in poor user experience.
Three, according to the environment: LED display can be divided into outdoor, indoor and semi-outdoor:
(1) LED display screen is the dominant outdoor advertising display screen, no other material display screen can compare with it, high brightness is a big brightness of LED display screen, outdoor brightness is affected by direct sunlight, no high brightness, can not achieve the display effect; And LED display protection performance is high, can resist all kinds of outdoor environmental effects: water mist tide, lightning, oxidation, corrosion… In addition, the off-screen LED display should pay attention to loose problems. Although the LED display has a long life, it is ultimately an electronic product. It will still be destroyed if it does not do a good job of heat dissipation. Outdoor LED displays are now self-tuned, and the problem of light pollution in the past has been solved; Generally speaking, an outdoor LED display is also a landmark somewhere, occupying a large area, no matter the size, the LED display can be spliced according to their own needs;
(2) LED display is used indoors, which has a wide range of applications: studio, security/monitoring/energy/livelihood field, exhibition hall. Any occasion that needs to use the display screen, and generally the spacing is relatively small because the visual distance is closer, the requirements for the screen spacing will be higher, but the LED display screen is applied in the indoor environment, the brightness does not need to be too high, but the brightness self-adjustment, this is not a problem.
The indoor screen area is generally very small (more than ten square meters), the point density is high, in direct sunlight or environmental lighting, the viewing distance is a few meters away, because it is indoor, so it is not open, the screen body can not have the sealing waterproof function. Indoor display dot matrix module, because the indoor use of display brightness requirements are not high;
(3) Semi-outdoor is between indoor and outdoor, generally is the roof or window, so in general, LED display can be used in all fields;
Four, according to the display function division: LED display can achieve interactive experience, immersive experience, stereo display, naked eye 3D, VR/AR The specific effect can be completed according to their own needs, so the display effect is also very powerful;
Five, according to the packaging mode: LED display has direct insertion, table paste (SMD), COB; In the past, when the point spacing was P20 and 30, direct insertion was the main mode of LED display. However, with users’ higher requirements for LED display, SMD reduced the point spacing of LED display to 1.25, and the COB package could quickly realize the point spacing below 1.0mm. At present, direct insertion LED display is very rare, which are SMD and COB. SMD is still the mainstream and relatively perfect, but COB display is the future trend.