Like traditional electronic products, in order to make the LED electronic display screen last longer, it is necessary not only to pay attention to the method during use but also to maintain it. With the wide use of LED display screens, there are increasing use problems, and the influence of various objective and subjective factors has caused problems such as reduced life span and functional failure of LED display screens. In order to better use LED display-related products, we have made some feasible summaries on the relevant use precautions and daily maintenance.
Precautions for use of the environment
- The working environment temperature range is -20℃≤t≤50℃, and the working environment humidity range is 10% to 90%RH;
- Avoid using or storing in high temperature, high humidity, high acid/alkali/salt environment;
- Keep away from flammable materials, gas and dust;
- Avoid strong collision during transportation and avoid collision of sharp objects;
- When the ambient temperature is too high or the heat dissipation conditions are not good, care should be taken not to open the screen for a long time;
- When the LED display screen exceeds the specified humidity, it will cause corrosion of parts and even short circuit and cause permanent damage;
- It is strictly forbidden to enter water, iron powder and other metal objects that are easy to conduct electricity in the screen. The LED display screen should be placed in a low-dust environment as much as possible. Large dust will affect the display effect, and too much dust will cause damage to the circuit. If water enters for various reasons, please turn off the power immediately until all components in the screen are dry before use.
Second, the switch screen precautions
- Open the screen: first open the control computer to make it run normally, and then open the large LED display screen;
- Turn off the screen: first turn off the power of the LED screen body, turn off the control software, and then turn off the computer correctly; (turn off the computer first without turning off the display screen, which will cause the screen body to appear bright spots, burn the lamps, and have serious consequences)
- The interval between switching on and off the screen should be greater than 5 minutes;
- Avoid opening the screen in a completely white screen state, because it is the maximum power state at this time, and its impact current on the entire power distribution system is the largest;
Notes on power supply
- The LED module is powered by DC +5V (working voltage: 4.2-5.2V), and it is forbidden to use AC power supply; the positive and negative poles of the power terminals are strictly prohibited to be reversed (note: once reversed, the product will burn out and even cause a serious fire) ;
- Power supply voltage of LED display: 220V±10% Frequency: 50HZ±5%;
- Safe and reliable contact with the ground, reliable isolation between the ground wire and the neutral wire, and the access to the power supply is far away from high-power electrical equipment;
- If any abnormality such as short circuit, tripping, burning wire, and smoke is found, the power-on test should not be repeated, and the problem should be found in time.
- Keep the power supply stable, and do a good job of grounding protection to avoid lightning strikes, do not use it in harsh natural conditions, especially strong lightning weather;
- The power supply must be supplied to the large screen step by step, because the maximum power state of the entire screen will have an impact on the entire power distribution system.
- The LED display screen is not allowed to play the full white screen of the highest brightness for more than half an hour, so as to avoid excessive current, power cord heating, damage to the LED light, and affect the service life of the display screen. It is recommended to play dynamic video mainly;
- During the use of LED display products, the power supply cannot be turned on and off continuously, and there should be at least 1 minute between the two operations;
- Non-professionals are not allowed to touch the internal circuit of the large screen of the LED display to avoid electric shock or damage to the circuit; if there is a problem, please ask a professional to repair it.
Fourth, cleaning precautions
- Regular cleaning and maintenance: The large screen of the LED full-color display is exposed to wind, sun and rain in the outdoor environment for a long time. Even if the indoor LED display is for a long time, more dust and traces of rain will accumulate on the screen. , which requires regular and timely cleaning to avoid affecting the viewing effect.
- To clean the surface of the module, please use a soft brush to wipe it gently. It is forbidden to use any liquid substances to clean the surface of the LED module, otherwise the LED lamp beads may be damaged;
- Wipe correctly: The large screen surface of the LED display can be wiped with alcohol, or dusted with a brush or a vacuum cleaner. It cannot be wiped directly with a damp cloth.
- Moisture-proof and storage requirements
- Storage temperature requirements: ambient temperature -40℃≤t≤60℃, after the package is opened, LED products must be stored in an environment with temperature <30℃ and humidity <60%;
- According to the environment of the display body and the control part, avoid insect bites, and place anti-rat medicine if necessary.
- The LED display cannot be turned off for a long time. In a high humidity environment, if the screen has not been used for more than 3 days, the preheating method is required every time the screen is turned on: 30%-50% of the brightness should be preheated first. 4-8 hours, then adjust to normal brightness (80%-100%) to light up the screen, so as to remove moisture, so that there is no abnormality during use; if the screen has not been used for more than 7 days, light the screen every time The preheating lighting method is required: 30%-50% of the brightness should be preheated for more than 12 hours, and then adjusted to normal brightness (80%-100%) to light the screen, so as to remove the moisture, so that it can be used when using No abnormality.
Doing a good job in the maintenance of the full-color LED screen plays a vital role in extending the service life of the display screen and ensuring the normal operation of the LED screen. If the LED display is faulty during the warranty period, try to keep in close contact with the manufacturer’s after-sales personnel and carry out maintenance under reasonable guidance. In summary, LED large screens are semiconductor display products that emit light and heat. Although their theoretical life value can reach 100,000 hours, they must be of good quality and established in the correct maintenance and reasonable use environment.
It has been very hard years since 2019, because of COVID-19. Many LED displays may stay in the warehouses or stay outdoors for a long time because of the lockdown. Many of our clients already know how to maintain the led display screen, but we still would like to remind you of this important issue.
If keep LED displays are off in a high moisture environment for too long time, a big risk of dead LED lamps would continuously appear.
The most effective way to avoid moisture to destroy the LED display is to switch it on frequently. The working LED display itself will generate some heat, which can evaporate some water vapor, which greatly reduces the possibility of moisture causing short circuits and dead LEDs.
Suggestion: When the LED display is powered off for a long time:
If you keep the LED display in your warehouse on standby for more than 15 days, please switch it on once per week to reduce the humidity for the LEDs and components:
Switch it on by following the below steps strictly:
- Grayscale 50, power on 30 minutes
- Grayscale 100, power on 30 minutes
- Grayscale 150, power on 30 minutes
- Grayscale 200, power on 30 minutes
After the above white balance testing, the humidity will be normal to make sure the led display working well without the risk of dead LEDs.